Helpful tips for traveling


  • If you will be away for more than a week, you need to fill out a leave-of-absence request, which your program chair must approve (download here).
    • If traveling for a collaboration or conference, use the leave of absence codes 7 or 12.

Travel insurance

  • If you are traveling on UC business, you can obtain free travel insurance (direct link).
  • Do not buy your own travel insurance; you will NOT be reimbursed!

Travel funds

  • Research grant
  • Senate faculty can apply for Senate funds, if presenting:
  • School travel funds


Research Policy and Compliance website about travel with lap tops

Reimbursement forms

Reimbursement forms